Friday, December 12, 2008

Keep Your Eyes Open


One of the best parts of the Hobo Buddy System (HBS)is getting out of the house. In your house, you can only search the couch so many times for loose change. However, out in the world, there is loose change everywhere. It just takes a keen eye to discover these shiny tokens of commerce. Yesterday I went for a birthday slice with Doc and found a quarter on the floor under a table. JOY! Later, while walking to Doc's birthday happy hour, thinking about putting the tab on my credit card, I found a soggy crumpled-up twenty dollar bill on the ground. Even better, when I unrolled it, I found a five dollar bill inside.

And as for all that spare change, never use the Coinstar machine at the supermarket. They take almost 10% of your hard found coinage. Instead go to TD Bank where you can get your money counted for free.

No comments: